Thankfully, home solar panels do not usually need an excessive amount of maintenance because they are built to last for many years. At Lifetime Solar, we sell high-quality renewable energy systems that are built to last at least 25 years. However, in order to maximize their lifespan and the amount of energy they yield, you should still have your panels maintained and inspected on a regular basis.
Types Of Solar Panel Maintenance
Due to the risk of personal injury and damage to your rooftop, solar panel maintenance should not be a DIY job. Ideally, hiring an inspector a couple times a year is the best way to keep your panels in optimal condition. A professional inspection and maintenance service should include:
- Making Sure Panels Are Properly Secured
- Clearing Debris From Panels & Vents
- Checking For Weather Damage
- Checking For Rust
- Testing The System’s Performance
- Inspecting The Inverter
- Ensuring Wiring Meets Safety Standards & Has Not Deteriorated
- Making Sure Isolator Switches Are Easily Accessible
- Performing An Electrical Fault Check
Signs It’s Time To Hire An Inspector
Whether you’ve had your solar system installed for years or are a new alternative energy customer, there are some tell-tale signs to watch out for when it comes to maintenance and repair. If you notice any of these factors, make sure to get in touch with an experienced solar panel inspector to address any issues quickly.
- The Panels Are Visibly Rusted, Covered In Debris, Or Have Become Dislodged
- Your Wiring Looks Damaged
- The Plastic Or Rubber Parts Are Cracked
- Pests Have Built Nests Near The System
- The System Doesn’t Produce Nearly As Much Energy As It Used To
- Your Warranty Is Almost Up
Keeping Solar Cells Clean
Dust, leaves, bird droppings, and other debris can block sunlight and reduce your system’s energy output, but they can be removed relatively easily with warm soapy water and a very soft brush. Hiring a professional will help you avoid falling from the roof, being electrocuted, or damaging the panels.
Warranties Can Help Lower Maintenance Costs
Since solar cells are a costly initial investment intended to help you save money in the long run, a good warranty ought to last many years. At Lifetime Solar, we are an authorized dealer of SunPower solar panels, which come with a 25-year Complete Confidence Warranty that guarantees that your panels will only decline 8% over 25 years.
SunPower Solar Panels In Las Vegas
If you are planning to switch to renewable energy, why not choose a durable, low-maintenance option with an excellent warranty in order to maximize your long-term savings? Contact Lifetime Solar today to learn more about our high-quality, efficient, and affordable home solar installation services.