Lifetime Solar can help your company or family transition from traditional power to solar energy in Las Vegas, NV. Investing in solar panels is a big financial decision, so it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons of traditional versus renewable energy. We’ve put together some ideas for you to consider as you weigh your options.
Solar Energy Vs. Traditional Fuels
Solar power may seem more expensive up front, but it can help you save money on energy bills right away and recoup its cost in just a few years. Conventional energy doesn’t require as much of an upfront investment, but harms the environment and only becomes more expensive over time.
Clean Energy Makes A Difference
Solar energy is 100% clean, free available, and sustainable, especially in Las Vegas. The energy industry is a fast-growing sector of the U.S. economy. By switching to solar, you’ll be making a difference by significantly reducing your carbon footprint and benefiting both our national and local Nevada economies.
The Cons Of Traditional Energy
Traditional energy is created by burning fossil fuels such as oil, coal, and natural gas. This includes the power you’re using right now from companies like NV Energy and Southwest Gas. There are many disadvantages to relying on traditional power sources.
- Non-Renewable – Coal, oil, and natural gas were formed after prehistoric plants and animals were slowly buried under layers of dirt and rock and subjected to intense heat and pressure. This process took millions of years. We are using these resources up at a drastically fast rate. Fossil fuels are non-renewable, which means that once they’re gone—they’re gone forever.
- Contributes To Climate Change – The production of traditional energy creates a thick blanket of toxic greenhouse gases that envelop the entire planet, raising its overall temperature. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has predicted that global warming of just 1.5 °C will likely increase the frequency of extreme weather and natural disasters, damage complex ecosystems, reduce global food security, and harm people’s health.
- Increases Pollution – The gases released by burning fossil fuels also create toxic pollution that harms public health. The World Health Organization estimates that ambient air pollution killed 4.2 million people globally in 2016 alone. Reducing this pollution may decrease global rates of pneumonia, asthma, lung cancer, and heart disease.
The Pros Of Solar Power In Las Vegas
Investing in solar panel installation has several major benefits to Las Vega’s home and business owners. After all, we have plenty of sunshine year-round. Why not put it to work for you?
- Decrease Your Carbon Footprint – Solar energy is 100% clean and renewable.
- Reduce Your Income Taxes – If you invest in solar panels before the end of 2020, you may be eligible for a 26% federal tax credit. If you wait until 2021, this amount will drop to 22%, and it will disappear entirely in 2022.
- Lower Your Power Bills – By using solar panels, you’ll be significantly less reliant on NV Energy’s power grid, which means that you’ll save money on your electricity bills. These monthly savings add up in the long run. Our SunPower solar panels come with a fantastic 25-year warranty. So, you’ll be able to benefit from these savings for at least two decades.
- Save Money With Net Metering – Whenever your panels generate more power than your house uses, the excess energy gets sent back into the grid. NV Energy can then offer you monetary credit for it—further lowering your power bills.
Solar Panel Installation In Las Vegas
At Lifetime Solar, we’re committed to providing the highest quality solar panels to help you maximize your cost savings. Our SunPower solar panels are the highest wattage solar panel model currently on the market, giving you the most bang for your buck. Call our Las Vegas solar company today for a free cost estimate or to learn more about our residential or business system design and installation services.